01937 832 740
Or click here to use our online contact form.
Konflux's ‘New Play in a Day® title’ Competition
Launch: 20th February 2017
Terms and Conditions -
1. The promoter is: Konflux Theatre in Education Ltd whose registered office is at Lloyd Dowson, Medina House, 2 Station Avenue, Bridlington, YO16 4LZ.
2. Employees of Konflux Theatre in Education or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition, details of how to enter and competition application form are accessible via email invitation, please contact the office on 01937 832740
5. The competition is open only to Nursery, Infant, Junior, Primary and Middle schools throughout the UK who have previously had a Konflux Play in a Day® or Creative Learning Workshop at their school.
6. All eligible non-winning entrants will receive 10% off their next Play in a Day® or Creative Learning Workshop booked with Konflux Theatre in Education. This must be booked by15th December 2017 to take place between 24th April 2017 and 29th March 2018. Discount cannot be applied to any existing bookings with Konflux Theatre in Education.
7. Closing date for entry will be Friday 7th April 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules for the competition entrants are as follows:
a) The Play in a Day® must be about a topic that is transferrable to other schools in the UK (e.g. not about your particular school)
b) The school must outline the title and topic for their Play in a Day®
c) KS2 Play in a Day® can include the use of music, but does not include props or costumes. KS1 Play in a Day® may include some minimal props or costumes.
d) The Play in a Day® topic must be one that is not already in Konflux Theatre’s repertoire (all topics can be found on this website).
10.The prize for the winner is as follows: The winning ‘Play in a Day’ will be written by an experienced script writer and directed in the winning school by a professional Konflux Facilitator, free of charge. Please contact our office for further details.
11.Entries will be judged on the following:
a) Level of pupil input
b) Creativeness of competition entry submission
c) Creativeness of competition entry concept
d) Accessibility of Play in a Day® topic
e) The entry should be compliant with the rules as stated in point 9
12. Konflux Theatre in Education reserves the right to use the winning school’s name in future workshops and promotions
13. Konflux Theatre in Education will own the rights to the new script, but will attribute the winning school’s name to the Play in a Day®s’ plot/concept.
14. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, extreme weather restrictions or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
15. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
16. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to school’s availability.
17. The prize must be booked by 26th May 2017 to take place in school between 5th June 2017 and 29th March 2018.
18. Winners will be chosen by the Artistic Director and the core staff of Konflux Theatre in Education Limited who will consider how well the entrant has met the competition criteria/guidelines.
19. The winner will be notified by phone/email and/or letter on Monday 24th April 2017, and within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize by 26th May 2017, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
20. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
22. The winner agrees to the use of their school name and images in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
23. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Konflux Theatre in Education and not to any other party.
24. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Examples of 'Creative Input' -